Mitten School is an intensive weekend knitting workshop with mitten maven Adrian Bizilia.
Held in November. Email Nikol if you would like to be on the Fiber Events Mailing List and get advance notice of Mitten School registration.
Friday – Sunday (includes overnight stay Sunday and breakfast on Monday)
Mitten School is an intimate, intensive long-weekend workshop with mitten maven Adrian Bizilia. You’ll get hands-on instruction on Adrian’s own spin on traditional colorwork mittens with a modern twist. We’ll be working with a light worsted yarn, so you should be able to leave with one finished mitten and plenty of inspiration/motivation to whip up its mate. HUZZAH!
Mitten School includes:
- 2 full days of classes with Adrian
- An exclusive early release of a brand new Hello Yarn mitten pattern
- TBA wool yarn for the mittens in your choice of Adrian-selected colorways
- A project bag
- Friday evening meet & greet hors d’ouevre cocktail party
- 3 yummy meals/day (special diets upon request)
- Happy hour each evening after class
- 3 nights in shared guest rooms in former high school classrooms
- relaxing on the playground, snuzzles from the sheep
You’ll learn a variety of techniques for Adrian’s signature hybrid Scandinavian-inspired colorwork mittens.
Requirements: This workshop will not teach you how to knit! You must be a confident knitter who can cast on, knit and purl, increase and decrease, and knit in the round (on your choice of dpns, 2 circulars, or magic loop). About a month before, you’ll get a menu of color choices for your main pattern colors.
MITTEN SCHOOL is $395 and includes everything but your knitting needles. Accommodations are shared rooms in former classrooms. We also have a few private rooms available for an additional $100. Due to the season and the nature of instruction, space is very limited!
Register with a $200 deposit (refundable until October 1, 2012). You’ll pay your balance when you check in.
Mitten School 2010: