Sign up for our mailing list for a heads up on the next Cheese School!
Cheese School is usually held the first weekend in April.
Thursday – Sunday (includes overnight stay Sunday and breakfast on Monday)
We’ll start with a mixer Thursday night with nibbles and several cheeses to sample. Friday and Saturday will be chock-a-block with hands-on home cheesemaking. You’ll learn to make mozzarella, chèvre, feta, paneer, and ricotta, plus butter and yogurt, and cheddar. You’ll also learn to cook with both commercial and your own homemade cheese, with student participation and/or demos for many of the meals. Finally, we’ll wrap up with an educational and delicious artisan cheesemaking talk/demo and a paired tasting with Sarah Hoffmann, the award-winning cheesemaker/owner of Green Dirt Farm. You’ll leave with your own handmade cheeses, plus a wonderful goodie bag with cultures and cheesemaking supplies, and cooler tote with award-winning Green Dirt Farm cheeses.
Cheese School includes:
- Welcome cheese party
- 2 full days of hands-on home cheesemaking basics with Charlene Osman
- Artisan cheese talk/demo with paired tastings from Green Dirt Farm
- Cooking demos (some hands-on) and recipes with Nikol Lohr
- Cheeses made with farm-fresh cow’s and goat’s milk from a small, diversified local family farm
- 4 nights in shared guest rooms in former high school classrooms (double or triple occupancy; bring a friend or we can assign)
- All meals and snacks
- A take-home goodie bag and cooler tote with cheese, cheesemaking supplies, and condiments
- Samples of all of your cheeses to take home with you
- Relaxing on the playground, snuzzles from the sheep
- Plus a few surprises!
REGISTRATION (NOW CLOSED)
CHEESE SCHOOL is $485 and includes everything. Accommodations are shared rooms in former classrooms. We also have a few private rooms available for an additional $100. Due to the season and the nature of instruction, space is very limited!
Register with a $200 deposit (refundable until March 3, 2014). You’ll pay your balance when you check in.
Thanks to Jan Wilson for all the great photos!